Waterbeach Skatepark: Review & Tips – Skateboarding in Cambridgeshire, U.K
Hey, what’s up, guys and gals? Are you ready to shred some gnarly waves? Today, I want to talk to you about one of my favorite spots in town – the Waterbeach Skatepark. This is the perfect place to hang out with your friends, practice your tricks, and show off your skills. In this post, I’ll give you a comprehensive overview of the park and share my personal experience with you. So, grab your board and let’s get rolling!
Description and Skatepark: Shredding at Waterbeach
Skaters looking for an exciting and challenging spot to skate in Cambridge should head over to Waterbeach Skatepark, a concrete park that covers a total area of 19m x 29m (551 sq metres). The park boasts a set of quarter pipes with a roll-in ramp at one end, and the centre of the park has a set of 4 stairs, hubba and handrail with a set of ledges to the outer edges of the park. With its two levels, this skatepark provides a variety of lines to choose from, making it a popular spot for skaters of all levels.
Waterbeach Skatepark is owned and managed by the Waterbeach Parish Council, which opened the new concrete park in September 2015, replacing the original metal mini-ramp. The council’s investment in building a concrete park has made it a preferred spot for local skaters and visitors alike.
The park’s location and its design make it perfect for skaters who want to practice their moves in a safe and friendly environment. Its accessibility and the fact that it is open all day and night make it convenient for skaters with busy schedules. Plus, it’s free to skate here!
Waterbeach Skatepark is a must-visit spot for any skater looking for a challenging and fun skatepark in Cambridge. Its variety of features and lines make it a great place to push yourself and try out new tricks. So grab your board and head over to Waterbeach Skatepark for a day of shredding!
Important: Address: Recreation Ground, Waterbeach, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB25 9NR.
Last week, I went to the Waterbeach Skatepark with my best friends and it was the coolest place ever! The park is massive, covering an area of 19m x 29m (551 sq metres) and features some epic ramps and obstacles.
One thing that stood out to me was the set of quarter pipes with a roll-in ramp at one end. These were super fun to ride and provided a great challenge for those looking to perfect their skills. Additionally, the center of the park has a set of 4 stairs, hubba, and handrail with a set of ledges to the outer edges of the park.
I also really appreciated the fact that the park is broken up into two levels, providing a number of lines to choose from. This made it easy for me and my friends to find a spot that fit our skating style, whether it was grinding down the ledges or catching some air on the quarter pipes.
Owned and managed by Waterbeach Parish Council, the park is kept in top-notch condition. In fact, the new concrete park was just opened in September 2015, replacing the original metal mini-ramp.
Overall, I would highly recommend the Waterbeach Skatepark to any skaters looking for a fun and challenging spot to shred. The variety of obstacles and the park’s size make it a great place for skaters of all levels to enjoy. Plus, the park’s location makes it easily accessible for those in the area. If you’re looking for a new spot to skate, definitely check out the Waterbeach Skatepark!
The Top Features of Waterbeach Skatepark
- Varied lines for all levels of skaters
- Safe and friendly environment
- Convenient location and all-day accessibility
Open hours & Location
- Opening Times : Always open
- Recreation Ground, Waterbeach, Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, CB25 9NR
Waterbeach Skatepark – FAQ’s
1. What is the size of Waterbeach Skatepark?
– Waterbeach Skatepark covers an area of 19m x 29m (551 sq metres), with two levels and a variety of lines to choose from.
2. Who owns and manages Waterbeach Skatepark?
– Waterbeach Skatepark is owned and managed by the Waterbeach Parish Council, which invested in building a concrete park in September 2015.
3. Is Waterbeach Skatepark open to the public?
– Yes, Waterbeach Skatepark is open all day and night, and it’s free to skate here. It’s a great spot for skaters looking for a safe and friendly environment to practice their moves.
4. Why should skaters visit Waterbeach Skatepark?
– Waterbeach Skatepark offers a challenging and fun skatepark experience in Cambridge, with a set of quarter pipes, stairs, hubba, handrail, and ledges. Its variety of features and lines make it a great place to push yourself and try out new tricks.
Thanks for reading about Alconbury Weald Skatepark! If you’re hungry for more skating content, be sure to check out our other skatepark descriptions or skate product reviews. And don’t forget, we’re always here to answer any questions or comments you may have. Feel free to follow us on Instagram or Twitter for more skating tips and inspiration.
Special shoutout to Alan and Matt A.K.A The Dog who joined me for an epic skate session at Alconbury Weald Skatepark! Remember, whether you’re a beginner or a pro, this spot has something for everyone! So, what are you waiting for? Grab your board, hit the park, and have a blast!