Riverside Skatepark: Review & Tips – Skateboarding in Hampshire, U.K
- 1 Overview
- 2 Riverside Skatepark: A Local Spot for Skateboarding Enthusiasts
- 3 My Experience
- 4 Rolling Around Riverside Skatepark
- 5 The Hoglands Park Skatepark: A Go-To Spot for Local Skaters
- 6 Open hours & Location
- 7 Riverside Skatepark – FAQ’s
Hey there, fellow skaters and enthusiasts! Today, I’m excited to give you an overview of one of my favorite skating spots in town – Riverside Skatepark. In this post, I’ll be sharing with you my personal experience of this awesome skatepark, and why I think it’s a must-visit for anyone who loves to shred. So, grab your board and let’s dive in!
Riverside Skatepark: A Local Spot for Skateboarding Enthusiasts
Riverside Skatepark, located within the Riverside Park in Southampton, is a popular destination for skateboarders of all skill levels. The park’s main features are composed of metal ramps on a tarmac base, providing a smooth surface for skaters to ride on. While it may not be the most challenging park around, it’s perfect for those looking for a relaxed place to practice their skills.
The park was built by the council and follows a standard design, with two quarter pipes on one side and a quarter pipe and flat bank on the other. In between the two sides, there’s a driveway and funbox. While the design may not be particularly innovative, it’s still an enjoyable place to spend an afternoon riding.
One of the best things about Riverside Skatepark is its accessibility. The park is free to use and always open, making it an ideal spot for anyone looking for a casual skate session. It’s also a great place for beginners to get started, with plenty of space to practice basic tricks and moves.
The park’s location within Riverside Park also means that there are plenty of other amenities nearby. Visitors can take advantage of the park’s beautiful surroundings, which include a river, trees, and grassy areas. There are also plenty of benches and picnic tables, making it an excellent spot for families and groups of friends to hang out.
For those looking for a more challenging skate experience, Riverside Skatepark may not be the best choice. However, for anyone looking for a fun, low-key place to practice their skills or spend time with friends, it’s definitely worth a visit. So grab your board, head on down to Riverside Skatepark, and see what this local gem has to offer.
Rolling Around Riverside Skatepark
If you’re a skater in Southampton, you’ve probably heard of Riverside Skatepark. Located in the picturesque Riverside Park, the metal ramps on a tarmac base make for a decent skating experience. But let me tell you, it’s nothing too extraordinary.
As your run-of-the-mill council build, the skatepark features two quarter pipes on one side and a quarter pipe with a flat bank on the other. In between, you’ll find a driveway and a funbox to play around on. It’s a good place to practice, but it won’t exactly challenge experienced skaters.
That being said, it’s a great spot for beginners and casual skaters. The park is well-maintained, and the concrete surface provides a smooth ride. Plus, it’s always fun to skate outdoors in the sunshine (when it’s not raining in England, that is).
Overall, I’d recommend Riverside Skatepark if you’re in the area and looking for a low-key, laid-back skating session. Just don’t expect to be blown away by the obstacles. If you’re looking for a more challenging experience, you may want to check out other local skateparks.
Pro tip: If you’re a fan of scenic views, take a walk through Riverside Park after your skate session. It’s a beautiful area to explore and relax in.
The Hoglands Park Skatepark: A Go-To Spot for Local Skaters
The Top 5 Safety Tips for Skating at the Hoglands Park Skatepark
- Always wear a helmet and protective gear to prevent injury.
- Be aware of your surroundings and watch out for other skaters to avoid collisions.
- Do not attempt tricks that are beyond your skill level to prevent accidents.
- Stay hydrated and take breaks as needed to prevent exhaustion.
- Respect the park’s rules and regulations to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone.
Located in the heart of Hoglands Park, the Hoglands Park Skatepark offers skaters of all levels a well-designed skatepark with a variety of features to practice their skills. From mini ramps to flat banks and street areas with ledges and rails, skaters can find a suitable environment for their needs.
Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced skater, the Hoglands Park Skatepark is a must-visit spot in Southampton. However, it’s important to follow safety guidelines to prevent injuries and ensure a fun and enjoyable experience. So, make sure to wear protective gear, be aware of your surroundings, and respect the park’s rules and regulations. With these safety tips in mind, you can skate all day and have fun with your friends at the Hoglands Park Skatepark.
Open hours & Location
- Opening Times : Always open
- Hogland Park, Palmerston Rd, Southampton, SO14 1LP
Riverside Skatepark – FAQ’s
1. What are the main features of Riverside Skatepark?
– Riverside Skatepark’s main features are metal ramps on a tarmac base, with two quarter pipes on one side and a quarter pipe and flat bank on the other. There’s also a driveway and funbox in between the two sides.
2. Is Riverside Skatepark only suitable for experienced skateboarders?
– No, Riverside Skatepark is suitable for all skill levels, including beginners. It’s a relaxed place to practice basic tricks and moves.
3. Is there a fee for using Riverside Skatepark?
– No, Riverside Skatepark is free to use for everyone. It’s always open, making it an ideal spot for anyone looking for a casual skate session.
4. Are there other amenities near Riverside Skatepark?
– Yes, Riverside Skatepark is located within Riverside Park, which offers a river, trees, and grassy areas. There are also benches and picnic tables, making it an excellent spot for families and groups of friends to hang out.
So, there you have it, Riverside skatepark in Southampton. It may not be the most challenging park out there, but it definitely has its charm. If you’re looking for more skatepark content or pro skater reviews, be sure to check out our other articles. And don’t forget, we always welcome your questions and comments. Follow us on Instagram and Twitter for more updates and news. Remember to always skate safe and be careful with your tricks. Thanks for reading! Stay safe on your board!