Hilton Skatepark: Review & Tips – Skateboarding in Derbyshire, U.K
Hey there, fellow riders and shredders! Today’s post is all about the epic Hilton Skatepark – a spot that I’ve been hitting up regularly for a while now. In this overview, I’m going to give you the lowdown on what makes this place so special, and share my own personal experience and tips for getting the most out of your session here. So buckle up, grab your board, and let’s dive into the world of Hilton Skatepark!
Description: Shredding at Hilton Skatepark
Hilton Skatepark is a metal ramp-based skatepark located in Hilton, Derby. This skatepark follows the standard back and forth build that is commonly shared by most council builds. The ramps consist of metal on a tarmac base, which provides a sleek and smooth surface for skateboarders.
On the backside of the park, there is a wide mini ramp with a flat bottom that features a flat bank and a quarter pipe coming off one of the platforms. This leads up to a large funbox with a hubba and finishes on the back end with another quarter pipe. Alongside this run, there is also a kicker with an adjoining stair set.
This skatepark is perfect for beginners who want to learn the basics of skateboarding. The park features a decent set of obstacles that will help beginners practice and perfect their moves. However, if you are an experienced skater looking for a more challenging skate, you may want to check out some of the other skateparks nearby.
Hilton Skatepark is a local park that is free to use. However, it is subject to opening and closing times, so be sure to check before you head over. The park is located outdoors, and its address is Peacroft Ln, Hilton, Derby, Derbyshire DE65 5GH.
With its metal ramps and smooth surface, Hilton Skatepark is the perfect place to shred with your friends. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced skater, this skatepark has something for everyone. So grab your board and head over to Hilton Skatepark for a day of skating and fun!
Don’t forget to wear your helmet and protective gear!
Last week I had the chance to visit Hilton skatepark, and I must say, it was a pretty decent experience. The park is made up of metal ramps on a tarmac base, a pretty standard build that is shared by most council builds. However, it still has some exciting features that make it worth visiting.
On the back side of the park, you will find a wide mini ramp with a flat bottom. This ramp features a flat bank and a quarter pipe coming off one of the platforms. The mini ramp is a good place to start if you’re a beginner and want to get the feel of the park. It’s also a great spot to practice your tricks in a safe environment.
If you’re looking for something more adventurous, then you should check out the large funbox. The funbox has a hubba and finishes on the back end with another quarter pipe. Alongside this run is also a kicker with an adjoining stair set. This particular feature is not for the faint-hearted, so if you’re a beginner, it’s best to skip this one.
Overall, I think Hilton skatepark is a good local park with a decent set of obstacles. It’s perfect for beginners who want to learn the basics of skateboarding. However, if you’re an experienced skater, you might find it a bit too easy. In that case, I would recommend checking out some of the other skateparks nearby.
If you’re in the area and have some free time, I would definitely recommend stopping by Hilton skatepark. It’s a great place to hang out with friends, practice your skills, and meet new people. Just make sure to bring your own equipment as there are no rentals available.
Recommendations, Tips, and Advice for Safety and Skate Tricks at Hilton Skatepark
- Always wear appropriate safety gear such as helmets, knee pads, and elbow pads to avoid injuries and accidents.
- Start with the mini ramp if you’re new to skateboarding and gradually work your way up to the more advanced obstacles like the funbox.
- If you’re an experienced skater, you might find Hilton skatepark too easy. Check out nearby skateparks for more challenging obstacles.
Open hours & Location
- Opening Times : Subject to opening and closing times
- Hilton Skatepark, Peacroft Ln, Hilton, Derby, Derbyshire, DE65 5GH
Hilton Skatepark – FAQ’s
1. What is Hilton Skatepark?
– Hilton Skatepark is a metal ramp-based skatepark located in Hilton, Derby. It features a wide mini ramp with a flat bottom, a large funbox with a hubba, a kicker with an adjoining stair set, and another quarter pipe.
2. Who can use Hilton Skatepark?
– Hilton Skatepark is perfect for beginners who want to learn the basics of skateboarding. However, experienced skaters may find the obstacles too easy and may want to check out other skateparks nearby.
3. Is Hilton Skatepark free to use?
– Yes, Hilton Skatepark is a local park that is free to use. However, it is subject to opening and closing times, so be sure to check before you head over.
4. Where is Hilton Skatepark located?
– Hilton Skatepark is located outdoors at Peacroft Ln, Hilton, Derby, Derbyshire DE65 5GH.
We hope you enjoyed learning about the Hilton skatepark and its features. If you’re interested in reading more skatepark content or blog posts, we invite you to continue exploring our website. Don’t forget that you can always leave your questions and comments below. Follow us on Instagram or Twitter for more updates on skateboarding culture. Remember to be safe and cautious with every trick you attempt. This park is a great option for beginners, but if you’re looking for a more challenging skate, be sure to check out other nearby skateparks. Thanks for reading! Stay shredding!