Hampden Park Skatepark: Review & Tips – Skateboarding in East Sussex, U.K
Hey there, fellow shredders! Today, I’m stoked to talk about one of my favorite spots to hit up – Hampden Park Skatepark. In this post, I’ll be giving you an overview of the park and sharing my own personal experience tearing it up here. So, grab your decks and let’s dive in!
Description: Shredding at Hampden Park Skatepark
Hampden Park Skatepark is a concrete haven for skaters, constructed by Canvas during October of 2014. With its large bowl and plaza set over two levels, it’s no wonder why skaters from all over East Sussex gather here to drop in, grind, and catch some air. The park’s features include rails, 360-rollover, ledges and hubba, providing endless opportunities for skaters to push their limits and perfect their craft.
Located in Hampden Park in Eastbourne, this skatepark is easily accessible to anyone looking to shred some concrete. Whether you’re a seasoned skater or just starting out, Hampden Park Skatepark is the perfect place to hone your skills and try out new tricks. The park is always open, making it easy to catch a session whenever you have some free time.
The park’s concrete surface ensures a smooth ride, allowing skaters to glide effortlessly across the park’s various features. And with its free entry fee, Hampden Park Skatepark is a budget-friendly option for skaters looking to get their fix without breaking the bank.
Hampden Park Skatepark is an outdoor park, giving skaters the freedom to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine while they skate. The park’s address is located off Hampden Park Drive, making it easy to find and get to.
So, whether you’re a local skater or just passing through East Sussex, be sure to stop by Hampden Park Skatepark and experience the thrill of shredding on its various features. Who knows, you might even pick up a new trick or two. Don’t miss out on the opportunity to skate one of East Sussex’s premier skateparks.
I hit up Hampden Park Skatepark last week and it did not disappoint! This place is straight up sick! When it comes to skateparks, Hampden Park is definitely one of the best I’ve been to. The concrete skatepark features a large bowl and plaza set over two levels with rails, 360-rollover, ledges and hubba. It’s like a dream come true for any skateboarder!
The bowl at Hampden Park is absolutely massive! It’s perfect for those who love to fly and catch some air. The transitions are smooth and the coping is on point. I spent most of my time here trying to perfect my kickflips and grinds. If you love carving and want to take your skills to the next level, this is definitely the place for you.
The plaza is equally impressive. It’s super fun and offers a lot of different obstacles to tackle. The 360-rollover is a personal favorite of mine, and I was able to pull off a few tricks on it that I’ve been working on for weeks. There are also plenty of ledges and hubbas to grind on, which kept me entertained for hours.
The park is well maintained and the staff is friendly. It’s obvious that they take pride in keeping the park in top-notch condition. The atmosphere is relaxed and the vibe is super chill. I felt right at home here and had a blast skating with the locals.
Overall, Hampden Park Skatepark is definitely worth checking out if you’re in the area. It’s a must-visit for any skateboarder looking for a great place to skate. I can’t wait to go back and try out some more tricks!
Stay Safe and Master the Skate Tricks at Hampden Park Skatepark
- Always wear protective gear such as helmets, elbow, and knee pads when skating in Hampden Park Skatepark. Safety comes first, and it’s essential to protect yourself from injuries.
- Before trying any new skate tricks, it’s best to warm up and stretch your muscles to prevent muscle strains or sprains. Take your time and focus on mastering one trick at a time.
- Join a skateboarding group or make new friends at the park. Skating with others can help you learn new tricks, share knowledge, and have a good time. Plus, it’s always better to have someone to watch your back and help you out in case of an emergency.
Hampden Park Skatepark is the perfect spot for skateboarders of all levels. With its large bowl and plaza, smooth transitions, and various obstacles to tackle, it’s easy to see why it’s a dream come true for any skateboarder. The park is well-maintained, the staff is friendly, and the vibe is super chill. So, if you’re looking for a great place to skate, Hampden Park Skatepark should be on your list of must-visit spots. Stay safe, master your skate tricks, and have fun!
Open hours & Location
- Opening Times : Always open
- Hampden Park, Off Hampden Park Drive, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN22 9QR
Hampden Park Skatepark – FAQ’s
1. What are the features of Hampden Park Skatepark?
– Hampden Park Skatepark has a large bowl and plaza set over two levels, with rails, 360-rollover, ledges and hubba.
2. Is Hampden Park Skatepark suitable for all skill levels?
– Yes, Hampden Park Skatepark is accessible to skaters of all levels – from seasoned skaters to beginners.
3. Does Hampden Park Skatepark charge an entry fee?
– No, Hampden Park Skatepark doesn’t charge an entry fee, making it a budget-friendly option for skaters.
4. Is Hampden Park Skatepark an indoor or outdoor park?
– Hampden Park Skatepark is an outdoor park, allowing skaters to enjoy the fresh air and sunshine while they skate.
Thanks for reading about the Hampden Park Skatepark! We hope you enjoyed learning about this awesome concrete park and all of its features. Be sure to check out our other skatepark content and blog posts, and don’t hesitate to leave any questions or comments below. Follow us on Instagram or Twitter for even more skating inspiration. Remember to always be safe and cautious when trying out new tricks. And as always, keep on shredding! Keep it radical!