Folkestone Skatepark: Review & Tips – Skateboarding in Kent, U.K
Hey there, how’s it going? Today, I wanted to share with you all a little overview of one of my favorite spots in town: Folkestone Skatepark. This place has been a second home to me for years now, and I’m excited to tell you all about it! So grab a drink and get comfortable, because I’ve got some cool stories and personal experiences to share with you. Let’s jump right in!
Overview of Folkestone Skatepark: A Haven for Skaters
Located at Radnor Park Avenue in Folkestone, Kent, the Folkestone skatepark is a popular destination for skateboard enthusiasts. The skatepark is an outdoor facility that is open to the public, and it features a range of ramps and obstacles that provide a challenging and exciting experience for skaters of all skill levels.
The main feature of the skatepark is the back and forth run that is framed by a series of quarter pipes and flat banks. Skaters can ride along this run and perform tricks on the various obstacles that are strategically placed throughout the course. One of the most notable features of the park is the funbox, which is located in the center of the run and provides a unique and challenging obstacle for skaters to conquer.
The surface of the skatepark is made up of tarmac, which provides a smooth and sturdy base for skaters to ride on. The ramps and obstacles are made of wood, which is a durable material that can withstand the wear and tear of repeated use.
The skatepark is open to the public, but visitors should be aware that it is subject to opening and closing times. It is important to check the website or social media channels of the park to determine its current hours of operation. One of the best things about the Folkestone skatepark is that it is free to use, so skaters can enjoy the facilities without having to pay an admission fee.
Overall, the Folkestone skatepark is a great destination for skaters who are looking for a challenging and exciting place to ride. With its range of ramps and obstacles, smooth surface, and free admission, it is no wonder that this park has become a popular spot for skateboard enthusiasts in the Folkestone area. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced skater, you are sure to find something to enjoy at this fantastic park. So why not grab your board and head on over to the Folkestone skatepark today? You won’t be disappointed!
Rolling into Fun at Folkestone Skatepark
My recent visit to Folkestone Skatepark was a blast! Located in the heart of the town, this park offers a well-designed setup that caters to skaters of all levels.
The park is built on a tarmac base and features ramps, quarter pipes, flat banks, and a funbox. The back and forth run provides an excellent opportunity to build speed and control, while the quarter pipes allow for some serious airtime.
The highlight of the park, for me, was the funbox. It’s perfect for practicing flip tricks and grinds, and its placement in the center of the park makes it an excellent focal point for spectators.
I was impressed by the park’s upkeep as well. The tarmac base was smooth and free of debris, which made for a great skating experience. The ramps and quarter pipes were also well-maintained, ensuring a safe environment for all skaters.
The park attracts a diverse crowd, ranging from young beginners to more experienced skaters. It’s a great place to meet new people and share tips and tricks.
Overall, Folkestone Skatepark is an awesome place to spend a few hours or a whole day. Whether you’re a beginner or an experienced skater, you’ll find something to enjoy at this park. I highly recommend visiting Folkestone Skatepark for a fun and thrilling skating experience!
The Top 5 Safety Tips for Skating at Folkestone Skatepark
Skating at the Folkestone skatepark can be a fun and exciting experience, but it is important to take safety precautions to avoid injury. Here are the top 5 safety tips to follow when skating at the park:
- Wear proper protective gear, including a helmet, knee pads, elbow pads, and wrist guards. This will help protect you from injuries in case of a fall.
- Check your equipment before skating. Make sure your skateboard is in good condition and that all nuts, bolts, and screws are tightened properly.
- Be aware of your surroundings. Keep an eye out for other skaters and obstacles on the course.
- Start with the easier obstacles and work your way up. Trying to tackle the more difficult obstacles right away can increase your risk of injury.
- Don’t skate alone. It is always safer to skate with a friend or group in case of an emergency.
By following these safety tips, you can have a chill and cool time skating at the Folkestone skatepark while also reducing your risk of injury. So grab your board, strap on your gear, and enjoy the park!
Open hours & Location
- Opening Times : Subject to opening and closing times
- Ackholt Road, Aylesham, Canterbury, Kent, CT3 3AS
Folkestone Skatepark – FAQ’s
1. What are the opening hours of Folkestone Skatepark?
– To determine the current opening hours of Folkestone Skatepark, visitors should check the website or social media channels of the park as they are subject to change.
2. What is the surface of the skatepark made of?
– The surface of the skatepark is made up of tarmac, which provides skaters with a smooth and sturdy base to ride on.
3. Are there any admission fees to use Folkestone Skatepark?
– No, one of the best things about Folkestone Skatepark is that it is free to use, so skaters can enjoy the facilities without having to pay an admission fee.
4. What is the main feature of Folkestone Skatepark?
– The main feature of Folkestone Skatepark is the back and forth run that is framed by a series of quarter pipes and flat banks, and the funbox located in the center of the run which provides a unique and challenging obstacle for skaters to conquer.
We hope you enjoyed learning about the Folkestone skatepark and its features. If you want to read more about other amazing skateparks or check out some pro skater reviews, be sure to explore our website. Don’t hesitate to leave us your questions or comments, and don’t forget to follow us on social media for more skateboarding content. Remember, always skate safely and with caution, especially when attempting new tricks. Thanks for reading! Stay safe and shred on!